Topic: I’m trying to figure out the dimensions of my tank opening. I have a couple aquariums and want to order glass tops for them but I need to know the measurements or dimensions of the openings… where can I find this info? Need some help here? I can’t even find using google…?!
Posted by Brandi H: I’ve learned that this is a tough thing to accomplish.. It’s really stupid that someone just doesn’t release all the info of the dimensions. I think a lot of the big companies just want you to buy their glass lids so they don’t show much of the opening measurement information. I’ve spent hours measuring the tank openings and then going to shop around on the internet with glass lids to buy that fit.. Then I ran into another issue with companies listing the measurements wrong… ARggghhh!
If I were you I would just contact a company called “Off The Deep End” and they will just cut you Polycarbonate tops for your tanks based on your dimensions. They are half the price of glass lids and much more indestructible. And yes they do come with a hinge opening. I started buying from them and never looked back!!
- Where Can I find a glass lid or a plastic lid for my 40 gallon breeder? Feel like I’m asking a question every 20 minutes in this group, very helpful group. I can’t find a lid/cover/canopy anywhere.
- Those are what I have on some. There’s a plastic piece in the back edge you can cut out to accommodate hob, heater, etc.
- Reading reviews saying the versa 36 inch is too long and too short for 40Breeder. DIY maybe…
- Go to your local glass shop, and have 1 cut for a few $$ instead of spending 5X as much ordering it.
- So my mum stepped on one of my glass lid while I was doing a water change, is there any way to fix it or do I just get a new one?
- My mum broke my glass lid the other day too while I was doing a water change 😡 she decided to take it to the sink to wash it and dropped it!
- Go buy a strip of glass the size of the crack, 1 inch wide. Silicone it to the bottom of the lid and it’ll hold just fine. If you get a piece of glass for both sides it’ll be much more stable.
- Make a “sandwich” with two thin plexi pieces cut to shape of lid…or just buy a thicker piece of plexi and make one.
- Silicone or safe glue and a plexi patch to hold the broken pieces back together while not making it look janky.
More Related Questions:
- Dimensions for Aquarium Glass Tops?
- Jebao 36w UV Sterilizer Review?
- Nicrew LED Light Good for Plants?
- Can someone please tell me what kind of Plant this is? I bought two packs of bulbs (3 in each pack) from PetCo two weeks ago, soaked them in a pan of water overnight before placing them into my tank, on the back of the package it says from Singapore, it took them less than one week to sprout, and by the time the second week had come, they starting blooming. I never have seen plants like these before and now I am beginning to wonder if they are even water plants, cause the bottom part of the plant the leaves are starting to rot, while the upper part of plants the leaves are floating on top of the water.
- Stupid question but I’ve seen some crazy stands/desk hold up some very large tanks.
I’ve had this desk for a while and decided to see if my 30gal would fit because I do not have a stand for it at the moment but would like to set it up.
Do you guys think this will hold? I’m assuming once it’s full it should weigh close to 250lbs, I’m 140 and it seemed pretty solid when stood on it, but that is still a 110 pound difference.
- I got this guy a couple months ago and his fins have been starting to look funny. Is this fin rot? How can I help him, I keep up on water changes and levels are all within normal ranges. He has no tank mates except a snail and a ghost shrimp.
- My platy has been hanging out at the top since yesterday. Today I noticed she had clear poop, just a couple flecks of brown in it. Does this mean parasites? What else could it be?
-Pic basically for attention as I couldn’t get a picture of her to save my life 😞
- So while I’m waiting for these mops to arrive. Would it be ok for the baby fry to hang out in this box till they arrive? Or let them back in the tank? The only thing in this tank is guppies. I know maybe a dumb question. But trying to keep the baby fry alive.