Topic: I am thinking about buying the Jebao 36w UV Sterilizer. Do any of you have good reviews on this? I have a smaller to mid size pond and need a UV sterilizer. This is a best seller on amazon so I figured it must be pretty good. Anyone have some input or advice to give me? Thanks in advance.
Posted by Megan T: There is a reason this is a top rated product on amazon.. that’s because its a great UV sterilizer. I own 4 of them and am very happy! These things clear up my ponds within hours. I would buy one and not look back! It seems that everyone has complaints about every UV sterilizer but… that’s just how they are.. they aren’t an expenseive product. Even if they break (they do sometimes) just buy another because they help so much. I give this product 5 stars. Here is where I bought it on Amazon:
More Related Questions:
- Petsmart was having a sale on neons so I got a bunch. All 10 died the first time and 7 died and 4 survived the next time. I did everything to a tee what you’re supposed to do to introduce new fish. All my other fish are fine and I have never had that much trouble with any other fish but somehow these suckers keep dying. I freaking give up. No more neons for me. 😑😑😑😑*edit* The water is cloudy because of the dead fish. I have been working all day and haven’t noticed them until I got home just now*
- I’ve gotten neons from PetSmart before and they almost never live. I got ten and they all does then I went back and got like 15 and only two survived.
- I had some did fine for first three months in new tank (cycled). Then started dieing off one by one. Have heard several times now. The fish have become week from over breeding . I won’t do them again either.
- I got 7 from my lfs (not a chain store )and 3 died within 24 hours 🙄 the other 4 seem to be doing fine. I’ve heard these fish don’t live long as it is BUT still doesn’t make sense for them to only last 24 hours.
- Neons are pretty temperamental when it comes to water. May have to do a drip acclamation and of course make sure that your own tank levels are on point.
- Dimensions for Aquarium Glass Tops?
- Nicrew LED Light Good for Plants?
- With neons, I always put them in a small cooler or another small tank. And I put in a heater to temp their water to what my tank is. Once i temp the water, I add my tank water to theirs a little at a time until it’s pretty much all of my water with them. I now have about 50 of them and I haven’t lost any at all since doing it that way.
- Sigh. I had a beautiful school of neons that were all alive and flourishing. I decided to change the substrate and ruin the cycle and they all died. 🙁 My other fish are perfectly fine 😂
- Just got a bunch from this sale and they’re doing fine. Floated bag and periodically added my tank water to acclimate. They looked like a healthy bunch tho, I was in another PS earlier this week and promptly walked right out.
- That really sucks. I try to avoid box stores, but I took a chance because there’s nothing around me. Both are 45 in opposite directions. I consider myself lucky that I got a good group but I will be keeping a close eye on them regardless.
- I test it weekly. It’s in the process of recycling, but levels weren’t dangerous and I do weekly water changes during cycling so fresh water is pumped in every 5 or 6 days.
- I changed the substrate like 2 weeks ago now? It was fully cycled before. All same decor and filter contents. Also live plants to help soften the blow. Have been checking it religiously with a small nitrite spike that killed my old neons. Before I even put the new neons in i checked it and everything was stable. Damn things can’t be kept alive. 😂
- Oh my yeah new substrate is always bad cuz it makes everything get wonky would return them I worked at PetSmart for two years there is no shame in returning fish just as long as you bring a water sample and explain 🙂
- I fully understand ur frustration. 50+ yrs in the hobby. Throughout the yrs have maintained aquariums with small tropicals, cichlids, goldfish, saltwater, etc, but I can not keep “feeder minnows” alive for more than a few days. Just list 3 that I bought friday from Petco. I like minnows. I treat them like any other more costly fish. Provide suitable tank, filtration, food, etc. to no avail. They always die. No more minnows for me.
- Place in desperate tank when first home in case ill and then add water from yr larger tank to the new fish til they get use to yr tank condition ,also those fish come in not always in good shape I buy after they have been there a few days not when just came into the store damaged in shipment.