Topic: What are the specs on watts per lumen on the Finnex Planted Plus + 24/7? I am wondering if I could grow some live plants with this light. What power lumen is the light? Is that the spec I should be asking for live plants.. pretty sure it is. I need some help. Thanks for your time.
Posted by Josh H: Here is a copy and pasted version of what the specs are on the light. I’ve been growing plants with mine for a year now. I couldn’t be happier with the turnout. I highly suggest the Finnex Planted Plus + 24/7 and give it a personal 5 star review!
|Length||Watts||7,000K Daylight LEDS||RGB Cluster LEDS|
- Looking for a used 24″ finnex planted plus light for sale 🙂 My current led hood is has been adequate but my plants are growing at a snails pace. I have a small heater too.
- Please help me out!!
Finnex StingRay VS Aqueon OptiBright Plus?
Looking for new light for low light plants. No Co2. I need to order soon, my plants aren’t doing well with the current light. I don’t know much about LEDs
Posted by Nick H: Why are my plants dying off? Kinda wilting away it looks like. This is my firstplanted tank so any advice or tips are greatly appreciated! I did have a reef tank before this but it was an expensive way to keep me busy lol so I went to a planted tank and it feels harder to keep 😂 well I feel like I might have too much light, I got a coralife with 2 t5 bulbs (both 10K if I remember right) and a finnex Ray 2 any info is greatly appreciated! I run mine on a 30 gal long with a small aquaclear filter and small fish.
- 16gls Planted tank, no Co2 or any fancy tech, just regular water changes, a Finnex 24/7 led light (8 hours a day) and every once in a while some macronutrients. Any advice on how to make my plants grow faster without Co2
- Not me personally, but I was researching it myself and saw a lot of rave reviews. If you have the $ (which I don’t) you can’t go wrong. I think if your trying to breed fish then maybe not the best setup… but for plants its good.
- I also saw the vivagrow it’s like an exact clone but alot cheaper…I’m thinking about that one too!
- I do like it a lot, with one exception. The 24hr cycle is not adjustable. Not really a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to tweak it. If you have the budget, it’s a great light, albiet a bit gimmicky with the ‘thunderstorm’ aka ‘scare the crap out of your fish’ setting.
- Finnex Planted+ 24/7 vs. the Vivagrow light? The Finnex is the one I really want, but the price on the Vivagrow is attractive… Can anyone give me a personal comparison between the 2?
- Looking for suggestions on plant capable LED lights that will give me moderate lighting in a 20g long. Any ideas? I’m not a fan of the Finnex24/7…already tried it. TIA. Thinking of going back to the Finnex FugerayPlanted+ that I had.
Posted by Yao K: I got kicked out of the group Fish Tank TAlk for a thread on this light! I will never forget it.. I did nothing wrong except ask for some reviews from other people. There was a huge fight and then it broke out.. I wasn’t even apart of it.
- I’m surprised you got kicked out! Their rules are pretty laid back.
- Here are the rules:Welcome to Fish Tank Talk! This is a group for everyone who enjoys or is getting into keeping aquatic plants/animals as pets. Everyone is welcome regardless of experience level. We have a few simple rules to make this group the best possible experience for everyone.1. Respect your fellow members. Cussing, unnecessary swearing, and slurs/derrogatory terms that attack a fellow member’s race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion are not tolerated and racist comments or jokes are not allowed. Use of such terms will result in the comment(s) being deleted and the member being banned at the discretion of the Admin/Mod team.2. Sexually explicit/degrading comments or jokes are not allowed and any sort of harassment towards another member will not be tolerated. This includes PM messages from one member to another due to a conversation on a thread and the admin team encourages that members who experience this sort of thing to contact us with screenshots of the conversation.
Everyone in the group needs to watch this video, plain and simple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6I_WhcRwsw2. No group advertisements or spam allowed. Any spam posts or group ads will be deleted and member may be banned.3. All live feeding videos must include some type of live feeding warning in the header of the post. If a live feeding thread gets out of hand please tag an Admin or Mod. To re-iterate as long as the live feeding thread poster has the aforementioned live feeding warning the post is allowed and we ask that any comments remain civil. We are entitled to our own opinions but as stated earlier we do ask that comments remain civil.
4. No euthanasia posts are allowed due to the fact that they always end badly See the files section on a great article on humane fish euthanization.
If an issue arises in the group regarding another member or the conduct of an Admin/Mod, you as a member can help out the Admin team by reporting the issue so we can handle things promptly if things are out of hand. To do that, simply tag an admin (to do that, click on members and then on admins) then type the @ symbol followed by one of our names. You can click on the downward arrow tab at the top of the thread, there it will allow you to report the post to admins. Doing the latter of these ensures that everyone on the admin mod team gets a notification that a post needs attention. To make this group as great as we all want it to be, we need all your help in taking out the trash as quickly as possible! Most importantly have fun!